New York Magazine Weddings issue features the J. Lingnau Nick Band as a top pick for the modern groom.
Where did you grow up?
I grew up on Bainbridge Island, Washington, just a short ferry ride from Seattle.
What did you dream you'd be when you grew up?
Funny, my 3 year old just asked me if I wanted to be jewelry designer "when I grew up" this morning! I was always a little designer, but I dreamt of being a concert pianist. I designed Carnegie Hall performance gowns for...
We discovered, we blogged and now we’re obsessed! Obsessed with J.Lingnau! Joanna Lingnau’s insanely gorgeous jewelry mean serious business with pieces created in sterling or gold and laid with stones of diamonds, rubies & sapphires. Oh YES! But, happily, also just as whimsical, warm and perfectly suited for everyday. Why, just the way we like it! And just why we’re completely head over heels! We honestly could collect every piece starting with her delicate bangles, then moving on to her diamond star studs and then her piece de resistance, her Rahkah pendants…Yes, I think possibly in that order."
"The competition is heating up on Gossip Girl. Blair landed an internship at W magazine (shown here wearing a Valentino cardigan, Organic John Patrick shorts, Salvatore Ferragamo belt, Hue tights, Usai blouse and J. Lingnau necklace and Ralph Lauren heels)."
"Great finds from top boutiques in the city that are sure to make anyone on your list (even you!) happy for the holidays!
1. Woven Duffel from A. Cheng ($188) With a detachable cross-body strap and supple woven leather, this duffel is an easy day-to-night bag. More Info >
2. Rhinestone & Crystal Cuff from Sucre ($195) From designer Suzanna Dai, this intricate cuff is chic and sparkles with detailed beads on leather. More Info >
3. Cashmere Scarf from Meg Cohen Design Shop ($275) Superbly soft and comes in a variety of colors, this large cashmere scarf can be used year-round and is an instant staple in any wardrobe. More Info >
4. Silver Diamond Studs from Catbird ($242) Simple and beautiful, these earrings by J. Lingnau have delicate stars around each diamond. More Info >
Five of our sparkliest favorites, guaranteed to make her heart palpitate.
1) Elisa Solomon Ancienne Ring, $2540 2) Catbird Pave Anchor Necklace, $226 3) Demitasse Wedding Knife Necklace (silver $364, gold $756) 4) J. Lingnau Arielle Studs (silver $242, gold, $298) 5) Datomi Kawakita Bar Ring, $350 6) Elisa Solomon Moon Necklace, (Silver $180, gold $910)
"Say 'I Do' in Style With Catbird's New Rings
We love the traditions that come along with tying the knot—something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue. But come on, it's no secret that every bride-to-be's yearnings tend to focus on that something new, otherwise known as the ring. Of course, we know your tastes run to the unique, which is why we're totally psyched about Catbird's new selection of finger candy..."
Clockwise from top left: Digby & Iona Rope Band, $130; Yayoi Forest Lacy Ring, $170; Willow Ring with White Sapphire, $112; Yayoi Forest Melting Love Ring, $130; Bittersweets NY Twig Ring With Aquamarine, $1,300; J.Lingnau Nickola Ring, $430.
"East Side Bride: In Which Catbird Presents a selection of Baubles for Famous Lovers
Salvador Dali & Federico Garcia Lorca
Did they? Didn't they? Let the tongues wag. For Federico, a necklace vaguely in the form of Salvador's moustache, and for Salvador, a ruby ring in honor of Garcia Lorca's Blood Wedding."
Forgot to share this nice post on a new favorite fashion blog...
"I could not find a better pairing than Saint Valentines + J.Lingnau. Such an in-your-face-full-of-love gift, I can’t stand it! Rings, hearts & arrows, yours (or his) initial and a big beautiful diamond."
My pal Jessie, Loeffler Randall designer, did a Holiday gift guide including J.Lingnau bangles. Her list was picked up at Vogue.com who wrote: "Leave it to a designer to truly appreciate the creativity of others", and we can't help but appreciate a shout out from one of our favorite designers.